It would be an understatement to say that the sheer trend is still going strong this season.
The look has been interpreted in a multitude of ways by high fashion designers and fast fashion chains.
From showing a little skin with peekaboo panels to translucent fabrics, sheer dresses or blouse and shirt combos are trending everywhere. See-through shoes and handbags are also making an appearance!
- Valentino couture photo via Pinterest.
- Style icon Kate Bosworth wearing a dress with sheer pannelling. Image via Pinterest.
There’s a line between trendy and tasteless when it comes to the transparency style.
The knack to this trend is often to try choosing outfits that focus on bareness in one area only.
If you’re nervous about trying this look out, accentuate bareness in areas like the shoulders and legs, rather than over the bust.
Another way to work this look is to try styles that play on different textures and patterns, rather than traditional see-through fabrics.
3. Blake Lively in a retro-inspired sheer top. Image via Pinterest.
4. Beautiful Valentino design via Pinterest.
5. Love this look found on Pinterest.
6. Elie Saab image via Pinterest.
7. Balenciaga image via Pinterest.
Looking for some sheer additions and shopping inspirations?